Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: paying for healthcare

  1. #1
    Inactive Member simple man's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 11th, 2008
    Posts
    1,001
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    paying for healthcare

    For years folks have been hitting the tanning beds and getting the rest of us to help pay for their skin cancer- not anymore.

    "The new health care reform law is full of new taxes and tax increases that will affect many individuals and businesses, but it may be years before most of these increases take a bite out of your -- or your company's -- wallet. The law also has tax breaks to help both individuals and small businesses pay for insurance.
    Here are 13 changes included in the law:
    bingLogo 60 Do you pay too much in taxes?

    1. A 10% excise tax on indoor tanning services provided after June 30."
    Health care reform: When and where to expect higher taxes - MSN Money
    We'll keep the lights on for you.
    Spuds

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Biggin's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 18th, 2002
    Posts
    9,588
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: paying for healthcare

    i think thats a good thing spuds.
    those tanning beds are dens of sickness, cancer is a real possibility if you use those things regularly.
    [IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member simple man's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 11th, 2008
    Posts
    1,001
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: paying for healthcare

    Seemed like a good thread, esp if you like to argue the funding of Obama's healthcare.
    We'll keep the lights on for you.
    Spuds

  4. #4
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: paying for healthcare

    I don't know if the article mentioned it, but they were also talking about a ban on tanning for anyone under 18.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 27th, 1999
    Posts
    1,019
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: paying for healthcare

    Quote Originally Posted by R13 View Post
    I don't know if the article mentioned it, but they were also talking about a ban on tanning for anyone under 18.
    I think that the age requirment would be a VERY good thing IMHO

  6. #6
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: paying for healthcare

    I hate seeing a person who has baked themselves in a bed. It just doesn't look good when they over do it. Banning them for those 18 and below may lead to higher sales on beds though and them being placed in the home.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  7. #7
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: paying for healthcare

    Quote Originally Posted by Counts View Post
    I think that the age requirment would be a VERY good thing IMHO
    I do too. I know it'll make a lot fo girls my age pissed, but if we have an age limit on smoking, there should be one of it.

  8. #8
    Inactive Member sup-rbeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 27th, 2006
    Posts
    8,846
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: paying for healthcare

    I hate to see the government have anymore control over what I do than they already do...really I don't see the purpose in legislation being passed to tell us what we can consume, buy, or sale. I can understand taxation of things, but not laws limiting or regulating use. That is just more freedom taken away..God knows we've had enough of our freedom snatched away in the past decade as it is.
    ...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....

  9. #9
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: paying for healthcare

    Quote Originally Posted by sup-rbeast View Post
    I hate to see the government have anymore control over what I do than they already do...really I don't see the purpose in legislation being passed to tell us what we can consume, buy, or sale. I can understand taxation of things, but not laws limiting or regulating use. That is just more freedom taken away..God knows we've had enough of our freedom snatched away in the past decade as it is.
    I think I missed this when it was posted, are you serious right now?

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Monkeyhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 10th, 2004
    Posts
    1,459
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: paying for healthcare

    Quote Originally Posted by R13 View Post
    I think I missed this when it was posted, are you serious right now?
    He has a very valid point. What is wrong with what he said? They bring up something small as the tanning bed, would it not be better used for tobacco and alcohol?
    crack is whack

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •